A Clear Lens encourages comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions as long as they are: 1) productive; 2) relevant; and 3) respectful. By posting comments on A Clear Lens, you are agreeing to the following:
- If any message is deemed by the admin to be unproductive, disrespectful, and/or irrelevant your message will be removed.
- Unproductive: Any comment that does not directly address either the substantive issue in the original post or the substantive issue in a previous comment within a comment thread.
- Irrelevant: Any comment that entirely changes the subject discussed in the original post or in a previous comment within a comment thread.
- Disrespectful: Any comment that seeks to defame a person’s character and/or personally insult or attack either the original post’s author or another commenter within a comment thread. And any message that contains or suggests vulgar use of language.
- ACL will not allow personal attacks or vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing images and/or language. This includes creative spellings of swear words using asterisks or spaces between words.
- ACL will not allow comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- If ACL determines that a commenter is coming close to violating one of these rules, the admin may step in and give the commenter a warning. He may instruct the commenter to stay on topic, take care with certain words, or move on from the thread altogether. If a commenter receives a message like this, the commenter must follow instruction immediately or the commenter (as well as his/her comments) will be removed from discussion.
- ACL reserves the right to remove any and all comments that violate these rules with no warning.
- ACL reserves the right to edit comments that violate these rules with no warning.
* If you feel your comment has been removed unjustifiably, feel free to contact us for appeal.
* If you notice any comments that you think violate these rules, feel free to contact us.
* The comments section on a post automatically closes 30 days after it initially publishes. If you have an opinion about an older post we have written, feel free to share it with us in our Letter to the Editor section.